1. Please fill the table with proper keywords. Which are the characteristics of realism, liberalism, bargaining model and psychological theories?
1. if the leader had been different, the outcome would have been different
2. trade generates economic benefits for both parties, and the anticipation that war will disrupt trade and lead to a loss or reduction of the gains
3. A set of political and economic structures and norms empower the stability of the system
4. If one or both actors conclude that it can do better by fighting than by accepting the best settlement, it will fight unless additional concessions are forthcoming
5. declining hegemon initiates a preventive war to block the rising challenger
6. limited cognitive capacity in conjunction with an overload of information and conflicting goals leads to suboptimal, “boundedly rational” behavior
7. Threats to reduce trade or financial ties can signal a state’s willingness to stand firm on an issue
8. international anarchy does not in itself force states into conflict and war. Some strategies prevent war
9. the opposition’s behavior sends a credible signal to the adversary about the government’s likely resolve in a crisis.
10. political socialization, personality, education, formative experiences affect decision-makers’ conceptions of the national interest
11. Leaders in democracies are more sensitive to the outcome of wars
12. war is a costly and inefficient means of resolving conflict because it destroys resources that might otherwise be distributed among adversaries.
13. issue linkages or side payments might facilitate a settlement
14. States build up arms and form alliances