Below are a few suggestions to help you gain a better understanding of the Week 4 Project. You may add more content.
Be sure to limit the amount of quoted material per paragraph. The goal is for you to synthesize the lesson (explain in your own words). An excessive amount of quoted material will cause a reduction in points. If you need help with any assignment, please reach out to me via email, IM or phone. I am always happy to assist you.
Remember to include an introduction, thesis statement and conclusion with each essay.
Credible Sources: Textbooks, SHRM Articles, SUO Library Articles, Harvard Business Review Articles, Government Websites, Google Scholar, etc.). Include three (3) credible sources per criteria to maximize your points.
Be sure to review the announcements posted in the classroom and review the Weekly grading rubrics. Maximize Your Points.
Criteria 1: Evaluate the purpose of a Balanced Scorecard.
- Provide a definition of a Balanced Scorecard (include three (3) academically credible in-text citations / sources for this criteria).
- Below are a few links to help you get started…be sure to find other academically credible sources.
- Explain how HR can use the Balanced Scorecard.
- Evaluate how an organization can use the Balanced Scorecard to gain the competitive advantage.
Criteria: 2: Identify the following categories on the Balanced Scorecard:
Here are a few links to view (sample balanced scorecards).
- Traditional Categories: List the main categories that you would see on an organization’s Balanced Scorecard: Explain the importance of the categories you would find on the traditional Balanced Scorecard.
- Communication Flow:
- Why is it important for an HR professional to have knowledge of and apply the Balanced Scorecard to the organizational goals?
- How is the Balanced Scorecard used for strategic planning?
- How does the leaders use the Balanced Scorecard for action planning?
- How can the organization use the Balanced Scorecard to improve the overall performance level of the organization?
Criteria 3:Defend the importance of the Balanced Scorecard and the correlation to align human capital with the goals of the decision makers(be sure to include three (3) academically credible sources to maximize your points for this topic / criteria).
- Explain the term “human capital”
- What goal has decision makers set for the organization and why?
- Explain how the leaders in the organization can use human capital to gain the competitive advantage.
- Explain the role HR plays in recruiting, assessing, and training employees – why is this important to the decision maker’s goals?
- Explain how the Balanced Scorecard can be used to evaluate the strengths and weakness of human capital in terms of the agenda / goals established by the organization by the decision makers.
Criteria 4: Designed a supplemental graphic of the Balanced Scorecard.
Note: You will need to design a Balanced Scorecard (be sure to include three (3) academically credible sources to maximize your points for this topic / criteria).
After you have designed the Balanced Scorecard, provide an explanation for each of the topics you have listed.
- Explain the pros and cons of a Balanced Scorecard.