see attached file
Assignment answer questions
1. (5 points) John’s PC and Sue’s PC are on the same subnet. Describe how John executes a Mac Table Overflow Attack that allows him to view all packets destined to Sue’s PC.
a) (5 points) You determine John’s PC is attached to port Fa0/4 of switch S2. What Cisco configuration should be entered on switch S2 CLI to prevent this attack from succeeding in the future?
2. (5 points) What is the difference between a Basic Service Set (BSS) and an Extended Service Set (ESS)?
3. (5 points) What is the difference between an Autonomous Access Point (AP) and a Controller-Based Access Point?
4. (5 points) By default, passwords are displayed unencrypted when a ‘show running-config’ command is run. What IOS command will cause passwords in the running-configuration file to be encrypted?
5. (5 points) What IOS command would you type on a router to enforce a requirement that all router passwords must be at least 9 characters long?
6. (5 points) Before a wireless device can send data packets through an Access Point, it must first associate and authenticate itself to that Access Point. Describe one authentication method used by wireless devices to gain permission to use Wi-Fi LANs.
7. (5 points) My laptop wants to transmit a packet on a Wi-Fi LAN. It has just sent a Request-To-Send (RTS) message to the AP, but now there has been no response from the AP and my laptop has timed out. What will my laptop do next to try to send its packet out, based on the CSMA/CA protocol?
8. (5 points) Name one advantage to using the PPP protocol on links between routers as compared with the HDLC protocol.
9. (5 points) What is a Host Route?