This assignment is based on a real life applied case and relates to the academic literature in the textbook Carrig, K.J. and Snell, S.A. (2019). Strategic Execution – Driving Breakthrough Performance in Business. Stanford: Stanford University Press. Strategic Execution (perlego.com), as well as, during the module, additionally provide literature.
Case: ‘Strategy Work in Dörr och Portbolaget: How open can you be?’
The case was prepared by Anders Melander, Associate Professor - Business Administration, Jönköping International Business School, Sweden.
This case examines Dörr & Portbolaget i Vittaryd’s1 (DP) development from a company with a traditional top-down management structure, to a company characterised by a more ‘open way’ of working with strategy – a change that has proved successful so far.
Source: Whittington, R., et al. (2019). Exploring Strategy. Harlow: Pearson. pp. 760-764.
Important considerations regarding the assignment.
Be sure to support your analysis with frameworks, arguments, and references!
• Your paper should be a minimum of 1500 and a maximum of 2500 words, no more and no less.
• Taking into consideration the chapters as addressed during ACS-lessons, present a practical applied and academic correct assignment, taking Carrig, K.J. and Snell, S.A. (2019). Strategic Execution – Driving Breakthrough Performance in Business. Stanford: Stanford University Press, into account.
• The assignment should demonstrate the academic ability to perform a complex case study analysis and understand thoroughly topics covered in the module.
• Your main task is to analyse, and comment on the case study by means of the so-called ‘4A Framework’, including the ‘Execution Capability Diagnostic Survey’.
• Therefore: Provide argumentation on interrelated factors. These must be discussed from at least three different theoretical perspectives.
• Note that one additional factor must be addressed: ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ (CSR), business ethics and corporate governance.