Company to use: Pure foods Eggs , Tasmania
Overview Prepare a report that analyses your organisation’s strategic position and industry. This assignment is Part 1 of an extended Case Study. You will use the same case for Assessment 2, 3 and 4. Learning outcomes.
This assessment task is aligned to the following learning outcomes
: • Critically discuss the theories, concepts and models of strategic management and its place in the practice of management and business.
• To apply strategic management frameworks and tools to conduct strategic analysis, make appropriate strategic choices and implement effective strategies. Assessment details In this assignment, you undertake some strategic assessments of a selected real-world example that will be your ‘case’. You are to select from the list of organisations provided below. If you are currently employed or volunteering for an organisation you may contact your Tutor or Lecturer for permission to use that organisation as your case study.
• Describe the organisation
• Describe the strategic position by undertaking and presenting
• a PESTEL and
• Michael Porter style competitive forces analysis of the industry for your chosen company. BUSN XXXXXXXXXXStrategy and Case Analysis 8
• Discuss what these tell you about key drivers for change, industry attractiveness, potential opportunities and possible threats? • Given your analysis of the strategic position, briefly conclude with where you think your organisation has opportunities to improve.
Recommended Structure This assignment requires both a formal report structure and theory to be integrated with appropriate citations and critical analysis.
Section Content Title Page
• Assignment title, student name & ID, and the word count. Executive Summary (Optional) • A brief summary of your report including how it concludes
• On a page by itself and not numbered Table of Contents
• Professional presentation using MSWord Insert Table of Contents function.
• On a page by itself and numbered in roman numerals. Introduction
• state the aim of the report, define any key terms and outline what will be presented in the report. Body (do not use this word as a heading) These are not specific headers. The following are concepts that should be examined within your own structure and paragraphs. Context:
• background of your case organisation.
• Note any significant issues or drivers for your organisation to change Theory:
• Explanation and relevance of: o Strategic Position/Choice o PESTEL analysis, five forces tool and its advantages and disadvantages and o relevant strategic choice concepts. Analysis:
• PESTEL analysis identifying key drivers,
• five forces analysis of the selected industry
• diagrams summarising main findings. Conclusion
• Restate the aim of the report and its significance (i.e. the aim).
• Summarise your analysis learning Recommendations
• List in dot point tentative opportunities to improve List of References
• Harvard Appendices
• Any additional information, if required