EMPLOYEE RELATIONS STRATEGY REPORT
The Employee Relations unit of competency has focussed on key issues in employee relations. In this you are required to review, develop and recommend some components of employee relations strategy and report it to your manager (who in this case is your trainer).
The organisation in this context is an Australian electricity company named ENERGEX. The company website is at
https://www.energex.com.au/. Using their current strategy documents linked below, you are required to review and report on their employee relations.
Download the following files before conducting the review and reporting:
§ ENERGEX Organisational Information -
§ ENERGEX Annual report -
§ ENERGEX Employee Relations Strategy –
§ ENERGEX Selection process -
§ ENERGEX Safety policy -
§ ENERGEX People Committee Charter Summary -
§ ENERGEX employee benefits -
§ ENERGEX Diversity policy -
§ ENERGEX Employment Agreement -
The review should follow the structure below (although some sections may not be applicable and some sections may need to be broken down into further sections):
§ Provides a Company introduction, overview and description
§ Company’s mission statement
§ A brief on the company’s employee relations strategy
§ Brief on Recruitment and Selection
§ Brief on Employee Benefits of the organisation
§ Employee Safety and well being
§ Performance development and training
§ Stakeholders in Employee Relations
§ Review of diversity policy with recommendations
§ Review of Employee relations strategy
§ Develop an employee relations risk management strategy
§ Review of collective employment agreement
§ Review of organizational HR services to employees
§ Termination and disciplinary issues
§ Overall recommendations
1. The research report must address each of the above listed components or areas of employee relations for the case organisation.
2. If a component was not addressed, explain the reasons why it was not addressed. For example, you may say that the organisation did not have a “selection policy” and thus it could not be reviewed.
3. The report must provide an employee relations risk management strategy
4. The report is to be approximately 2,000 words in length however this benchmark is only a guide and is not mandatory in the overall context of the assessment
5. The analysis and strategy demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of relevant Human Resource Management principles, Risk Management, business, management or industry theory.
6. Evidence of review of organisational employee relations such as recruitment, selection, work health & safety, performance, union agreement, EEO & diversity, employee benefits and termination.
7. The strategy critically discusses and analyses the topic, range statement, performance criteria and foundation skills of the unit descriptor
8. All sources are referenced consistently and comprehensively if