For this activity, students will search for current information about an emerging leadership/management topic. We will be using a specific framework for posting titled Claim, Support, Question, so be sure to read the instructions carefully and completely before beginning this activity.
Part 1: Locate a current article or video on the Web (2016 - 2022) that discusses one of the following topics:
- Ethical Standards
- Executive Compensation Debate
- Sustainable/Green Management
- Managing Supply Chain
- Managing Working from Home
Read for detail and then consider the following. Drawing on your investigation, experience, prior knowledge or reading do the following action steps:
- Make a claim about the topic, issue, or idea being explored. A claim is an explanation or interpretation of some aspect of what is being examined.
- Identify support for your claim. What things do you see, feel or know that lend evidence to your claim?
- Raise a question related to your claim. What may make you doubt the claim? What seems left hanging? What isn't fully explained? What further ideas or issues does your claim raise?
Part 2: Post the link to your article or video along with your answers to the three action steps listed above. When you write your post, use the terms claim, support, and question to identify the individual aspects of your reading. Once posted, check out the posts from your classmates, and be sure to respond thoughtfully to at least two responses.
Requirements & Word Count: Initial post 300 words,