You have accepted the role as Practice Manager for Healthy families, a large, busy, privately owned physiotherapy practice. You are responsible for the smooth running of the practice, all compliance and the management of 4 administrators (1 of these have only just started at Healthy Families) and 4 Physiotherapists.
In the first weeks in the role you realise that there are many issues facing the practice. Whilst there is a policy and many procedures to cover infection control, you do not believe they have been implemented well.
With such a critical issue, it is important that you act promptly. You decide that you need to quickly do the following:
Prepare to call a meeting where you plan to ensure the team understand infection control requirements.
You will need to:
• Prepare an outline of what will be covered in the meeting
• Write a summary of the key points of the policy
• Write a summary of the key points from the Code of Practice
• Outline how the team will used hazard identification
• Detail how the team will continue to be informed on infection control.
• Provide at least two examples of communication methods (for example a poster). These can be created or from existing industry tools
• Outline your plan for coaching and support as required to ensure that individuals/teams are able to implement infection control practices
• Deal with issues raised through consultation and ensure they are resolved promptly or referred to the appropriate personnel for resolution
• Outline workplace procedures for dealing with infection control risks and hazardous events
• Detail how you will encourage employees to report infection risks and to improve infection control procedures