Instructions for paper 1 Prepare a short term paper on a business/economics topic of your choice (4 pages of Content). Follow APA format. A large part of your grade on paper 1 will be format. The objective of this paper is for you to learn to use the APA Manual.An introduction and a summary section should be included in the paper. They should also include a table of contents and reference page. Do not segment papers into chapters.Use a 12 point font—double spacing. You are to assume this is a publishable paper. Be careful; when you use direct quotes. See APA page 117. My rule is—if you use five consecutive words from a source, you MUST use quotes marks. If you direct quote more than 40 words you must indent.You should use a minimum of 4 current XXXXXXXXXXreferences--use references not footnotes. These materials--references--should be from scholarly peer-review journals.
Submit your Research Papers in the corresponding drop box before the due date as mentioned in the syllabus. Turnitin has been enabled to
verify that the content in student submissions is authentic and not plagiarized.Papers will be graded on content, organization, and format.
l. You do not need to use a Table of Content--Use an abstract.
2. The paper should be four pages of content. I will accept papers 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 pages in length. Shorter or longer papers will have points deducted.
Don't forget you MUST use peer-reviewed journal articles for paper 1.
A large part of your grade will be APA format.PAPER 2 (PROSPECTUS)SPECIFIC INFORMATION FOR PAPER 2
1. Paper 2 you will develop a finished "Prospectus for a Thesis." The student is referred to APA Manual for the mechanical details of a prospectus preparation.
2. Approval of the research topic by the instructor can be obtained at any time, but no later than February 13, 2012. For approval, each student must submit the following information:
- Proposed research topic.
- Definition of the problem.
- Some evidence of delimitation.
- Preliminary statement of justification.
- Preliminary statement of hypothesis.
- Preliminary statement of methodology.
- Preliminary review of the literature.
(None of the above need be submitted in a "formal" manner (i.e. this information may be presented on one or two sheets of paper--written in longhand or may be discussed with the instructor informally).
3. The student should include subheadings for each of the following elements when preparing Chapter I of the prospectus
- Background--What led you into doing this problem--Why are you interested in this problem?
- Problem Statement--What is the problem of your study? You need to be VERY specific. When we talk about a "problem" in research, it does necessarily mean that something is "wrong." You can have a "problem where you are trying to determine the attitudes and opinions of a response group.
- Purpose of Study--Why is your study important?--not necessarily to get an A in BA 595. What is the significance of your study.
- Study Hypothesis (es)--an "educated guess" on the results of your study.
CHAPTER 2--- is titled "Review of Related Literature." A literature review is where you "review" published material that relate to your problem. IF YOU CHOOSE THE SAME TOPIC (PROBLEM) YOU USED FOR PAPER 1, YOU MAY USE THIS PAPER FOR YOUR REVIEW OF LITERATURE. If you choose a different topic for your Prospectus you must do another review of literature that relates to your new topic.
CHAPTER 3---Titled Methodology. In this chapter you will tell the reader very specially HOW you are going to solve your problem that was stated in Chapter 1. You must give very detailed information in this chapter. For example describe your proposed sample. this must be a realistic sample--how will you get names, addresses, etc. of your sample group. You cannot say you are going to survey people in Dallas. In other words, describe in detail the procedures and steps that will be used to gather the data.
Chapter 4--titled Findings--since we are not going to collect date we will not have any findings. However, I would like for you to develop two graphics for this chapter. You will need to make up the data to be used on the graphics.
Chapter 5--Titled--Summary, Conclusions and Recommendations. In this chapter all you will need to do is the Summary. We must have data in order to do conclusions and recommendations. In the Summary you will need to state "what you did"--your problem statement. Also, in this Chapter you did to tell "how you did it --Methodology.
EACH CHAPTER WILL BEGIN ON A NEW PAGE.
The Appendixwill contain your References from the Literature Review and a copy ofyour questionnaireSubmit your Research Papers in the corresponding drop box before the due date as mentioned in the syllabus. Turnitin has been enabled to verify that the content in student submissions is authentic and not plagiarized. Papers will be graded on content, organization, and format.