Microsoft Word - SNPG956 Assessment task 2 Policy Critique and Policy Document Guidelines_spring .docx
SNPG956 Assessment Task 2:
Policy Critique & Policy Document
Part one: overview (introduction and impact of the policy to older people (250 word) and literature review
(550 word) and attached policy document -20%
Part two: action plan, consultation and implementation (950 word) and attached policy document — 40%
The overall purpose of the assessment is to develop a new policy or update an existing policy, from your workplace
or the public domain, which impacts on the potential for older people to engage actively and meaningfully in their
community. An accompanying report is required to support the development to the new or updated policy.
The report should include:
• A clear statement explaining the background of the health policy that is being reviewed (part 1)
• A brief overview of the policy and how it impacts on the health of older people (part 1)
• A review of the evidence base focused on informing successful implementation of the policy in practice (i.e.
real-world implications) (part 1)
• Consultation with consumers and colleagues to develop a new policy or update an existing policy (part 2)
• Action plan (template provided at Moodle site) (part 2)
• Recommendations about how to measure the successful implementation of new or updated policy (part 2)
• Conclusion (part 2)
The report and the new or updated policy document should be submitted as one (1) PDF document via the Turnitin
submission point in Moodle by the date described in the SNPG956 subject outline.
The new or updated policy document should be attached as an appendix to your report.
Turnitin is a tool for checking if your work has unreferenced content. You can submit your assessment task to
Turnitin prior to the due date and Turnitin will give you an originality report. You can then make any changes that
may be required and re-submit your final version by the due date.
Subject Learning Outcomes
1. Critically analyse contemporary healthcare issues relevant to older people
2. Describe the policies that impact the health of older people
Communicate healthcare issues to a general audience
3. Revise existing policy using research evidence from academic and nonacademic sources to justify change
Several example policies are included in a folder called “Example Policies” in the Moodle site for you to look at. You
do not have to use these, but may wish to build upon/update them as part of this assessment task.
For other tips see the separate “Assessment Task 2: Suggested Structure” in Moodle.
2 | SNPG956 ASSESSMENT TASK 2: POLICY CRITIQUE & POLICY DOCUMENT
Structure of Assessment Task Two
PART ONE WORD COUNT RUNNUNG TOTAL
Evaluation of the impact of the policy to older people
Consultation with consumers and colleagues to
Evaluation and Recommendations about how to
*One paragraph/ 250 words