Assessment Cover Sheet-OCT16
Assessment Cover Sheet
This Assessment Cover Sheet is required to be attached to your
assessment task prior to submission for marking
Unit Code and Title:
ICTDBS504 – Integrate database with a website
· I have kept a copy of my assignment before submitting
· I have completed and signed this page
· I have answered all questions in the assignment
· I have attached any relevant evidence/documentation, as required for the assessment
I have been advised of the assessment requirements and have been made aware of my rights and responsibilities as an assessment candidate.
I declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, this assignment is my own work, all sources have been properly acknowledged, and the assignment contains no plagiarism. This assignment or any part thereof has not previously been submitted for assessment at this or any other RTO.
NYC – New assessment date scheduled or FIR – Further information Required
· I have received my assessment result and am satisfied with the feedback given on this assessment
List the website functions that typically benefit from a database implementation. What sort of e-commerce system makes use of databases?
Using MySQL in batch mode, perform the following tasks:
· Connect to MySQL server and create a database (with a name of your choosing)
List four functions you may wish to perform on the database from the web browser. What is a common setup for input data via a browser? List 3 queries (SQL) to retrieve data from the table
What does an authentication mechanism aim to do? What organizational document should database permission sets and authorisation parameters for each class of user be based on? List two permission sets.
• Display/select only the customer who has an id of 1
• Display/select email addresses from all records in table
Show some interface(website structure)
o Pages will be constructed in PHP with basic CSS styling
o Some graphics are included such as the banner are included but students can include their own if they wish for extra practice.
Create a database (with a name of your choosing)
• Create a table called customers with the following fields:
o customerid (integer, primary key, not null, auto increment)
o givenname (40 characters) o familyname (40 characters)
o email (60 characters)
•Update existing data stored Update table to include:
o address (80 characters)
• Insert two records into table created above in 3.1, list number of queries can be used to insert data into different formats.
Delete two records from table reacted above 3.1. List multiple queries to delete data stored in database.
Research database check or repair tools and validate above database you have created and produce results.
1.8 | Universal Network of Infotech Pty Ltd t/as Institute of Technology Australia | Assessment Cover Sheet-OCT16 | App RTO | 7-Apr-19
1 of 4
1.8 | Universal Network of Infotech Pty Ltd t/as Institute of Technology Australia | Assessment Cover Sheet-OCT16 | App RTO 7-Apr-19
4 of 4