Question 3: (10 marks)
Follow VLSM scheme to identify the different subnets according to network requirements. Please analyse and design the best IP addressing scheme. Create a table which lists the following information: Router Interfaces/ IP Address (Highest)/ IP Address (Lowest)/ Subnet Mask/ Default Gateway). Please show working out. Note: The lowest IP addresses of each subnet should be given to the PCs. The highest IP addresses of each subnet are given as the default gateway.
Question 4: (15 marks)
Follow previous questions’ requirement, set up your network in Packet Tracer simulation software. Configure the three (3) routers:
- Name the routers and label them as HQ, Branch1 and Branch 2 (2 marks)
- Set the secret password as ‘class’ on all routers (2 mark) - configure interfaces/ PCs (2 marks)
- Configure TELNET on the HQ router with a password of ‘CISCO’ and (a suitable) MOTD (3 marks)
- Verify basic configuration and router operations (3 marks)
- What are the main components of a Cisco router? ( 1 mark )
- You need to keep a back up of IOS of the routers. Please advise the two methods with correct procedures.(2 marks)
Question 5: (3 marks)
Configure the other PCs and configure the necessary static routes (such as IP route XXXXXXXXXXexit interface) on three routers to make a successful connection between routers. “Show IP route” check and screen shot each router’s routing table.
Question 6: (5 marks)PING from PC6 in LAN6 to PC4 in LAN4 (checked in Packet Tracer file). What protocol is used by PING? What are the names of two PING messages? Provide screen shots of successful ping (1 mark) Record the information flow in EVENT LIST of simulation and explain the PDU information such as TYPE and involved layers in each stage (2 marks). Troubleshoot connectivity issues if pings were not successful, and write down your reflection of how to conduct a good connectivity test (2 marks).
Note: 2 marks are given for correct referencing.