7-10 minute recorded video presetation (you need to make only PPT 10 TO 11 SLIDEAND SUMMARY and speaking notes)
Students will present their event proposal to a potential sponsor in order to gain (financial) support. The presentation layout should follow the below guidelines and must be recorded. The assessment submission must contain the PowerPoint as well as the video recording. Instructions on how to save and upload the document and link will be provided on LMS and during the lecture times.
• Title Slide with the student’s name and number, the Event Name, date and venue;
• Students should follow the structure of event proposals as discussed in class based on the information from Power Sponsorship.
• The Main Part (the ‘pitch’) should include the following elements:
o Description Concept of the Event ( IN AUSTRALIA)
o Co-Creative Element
o Site Analysis/Planning
o Market Analysis/Integrated Marketing strategy
o Sponsorship and benefits
o Financial feasibility / budget / ticket price calculation
o Conclusion which summarises the main findings
o final slide with APA references
1. Identify success factors in event management
2. Analyse the scope and opportunities of “Festivals” on tourism and hospitality events.
3. Analyse benefits (or otherwise) to the community from hosting the event
4. Use academic literature and industry information to provide recommendations for effective event selection for publicity purposes
5. Analyse marketing strategies applicable to event management
6. Use academic literature (and industry information) to provide recommendations for effective event selection for publicity purposes