Read the DR Alarms case study in the Resources section of Interact 2 before attempting this assignment.
You are an ICT Cloud consultant and you have been working with DR Alarms to advise them on how to improve their data centre and move into the Cloud. The Managing Director (MD) has finally agreed that that this is probably the best approach for his company. But he is quite concerned that the company will lose control of their resources as they move more of the company's data and services into the cloud. The company is in the process of gearing up for a major order for their new IoT devices and have realised that their ICT system is not up to the task of supporting this new product line, and the level of sales and interest that it is generating.
DR Alarms is considering the following strategic proposal:
· They plan to initially move all their Web Services into the Cloud in order to provide an increased level of HA (High Availability) as well as a better degree of flexibility in supplying data to their customers and employees.
Their web services are running on the current Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Apache Tomcat
· They also plan to migrate their IoT design applications to the cloud in order to increase the application's flexibility and availability. The IoT design application suite will require:
a number of IaaS instances running Windows Server 2019
a number of PaaS instances for Microsoft SharePoint 2019 Enterprise
· The MD is particularly concerned about data sovereignty, especially for the IoT designs and the Intellectual Property (IP) that DR Alarms has in these designs. The MD wants to keep these data sets only in Australia and to ensure that they are securely protected.
DR Alarms is contemplating this strategy as a way to increase the company’s flexibility and responsiveness. DR Alarms expects to achieve significant savings by migrating to a Cloud based ICT infrastructure. They appreciate that this would entail retraining for:
· Their existing ICT staff so that they can manage the new Cloud based infrastructure,
· Their existing general and design staff so that they can start to work using a more secure environment.
Your task is to prepare a report for DR Alarms that discusses the following:
1. Describe the Cloud architectures you would employ to assist DR Alarms to move their existing web services to the Cloud?
a. Describe the architecture(s) that you would use to deploy their web services, along with your reasons for deploying this architecture. (10 marks)
b. Include a labeled diagram to show how your architecture would be deployed. (5 marks)
c. Describe the benefits, critical points and issues that would be the likely result of the deployment of this architecture(s). (10 marks)
2. Describe the major Information Security risks that you see associated with this new Cloud strategy. You should name and describe each risk that you identify, estimate its likelihood and impact and then describe a possible control for the risk. This should be presented in a tabular form. (25 marks)
3. Describe the general Information Security steps and controls that you would recommend to DR Alarms. You will need to explain your reasons for recommending these particular security steps.
a. What are the specific controls and steps you would recommend to protect the IoT design suite. (15 marks)
b. What are the specific controls and steps you would recommend to achieve data sovereignty for the IoT data and IP. (10 marks)
4. Discuss briefly what you would recommend should be included in DR Alarms' BCP as a result of their adoption of a Cloud approach. You will need to consider, as a minimum, the issues of application resilience, backup and disaster recovery in a Cloud environment. (25 marks)
You are to provide a written report with the following headings:
· Proposed Web Architecture for the Cloud
· Threat and Risk Assessment report for services and data in the Cloud
· Proposed Information Security controls for the Cloud
· Proposed BCP for Cloud services
Your report should have a word count of 5000 words ± 10%. Your report should provide references in APA 7th ed. format.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
· be able to compare and evaluate the ability of different cloud computing architectures to meet a set of given business requirements.
· be able to evaluate a set of business requirements to determine suitability for a cloud computing delivery model.
· be able to identify and design an ICT Risk Management strategy for a cloud computing delivery plan to meet business requirements.
· be able to critically analyse business requirements to plan a migration to a cloud model.
· be able to compare and critique Service Level Agreements (SLA) that meet the business requirements for a cloud computing plan
This assessment requires you to review a case study document on DR Alarms in order to complete a report to the company on:
The architecture to use to support their web services in the Cloud,
The major Information Security risks associated with their new Cloud strategy,
The controls recommended to protect their data in the cloud, and
The BCP that should be deployed to protect DR Alarms proposed Cloud services
You can find this case study in the ‘Resources’ area. This task is similar to tasks you may need to complete in a current or future workplace in the IT industry.
Please view the full details of the assessment, including due dates, submission requirements, marking criteria and standards, and the required presentation of your assessment in your Subject outline.
Your report must use any headings listed in the assessment task.
You will be required to provide references in your report and these must be in APA 7th edition format.
Ensure that you meet the word count requirements of 5000 words plus-or-minus10% for the report. The reference list is not counted as part of the word count.