Written Assignment Instructions
Psychology of Criminal Behavior
Please write a case study based on a subject/suspect of a crime of your choosing. Choice of crimes/incidents should be chosen based on convictions and charges pressed by criminal justice system. You will be responsible for providing demographic and contextual information about the subject, victims, and crime. A thorough exploration of the developmental upbring of subject and family dynamic is also required. Finally, you will provide an ideal treatment plan based on the type of crime as well as the personality of the subject. A clear, concise, and well written paper will be 6 to 8 pages long, double-spaced, and in Times New Roman 12-point font.
You will be graded on the following criteria:
Accurate description of crime: 10 points
· Provide an accurate account of the crime including type of crime, year of occurrence, victim/s of crime, cause of arrest, and what charges subject faced.
Description of demographic information: 10 points
· Demographic information about the character is provided including mental health diagnoses, educational background, victimization history, previous criminal history (if any).
Description of developmental background: 10 points
· Contextual information regarding suspects upbringing, family demographics, upbringing etc.
Treatment plan: 15 points
· Grading will be based on your ability to argue come up with a treatment plan based on the type of crime and personality type of subject. Treatment plans should also include accurate use of measures in order to assess personality, aggression, malingering, mental state, etc.
Formatting, spelling and grammar 5 points
· Your paper should be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
· Your paper should also be double-spaced with 1-inch margins, be in 12-point Times New Roman font. Please use headers!
· Paper needs to follow APA Format. This includes
· A Cover Page
· Reference Page
· In Text Citations
*Cover and reference page do not count towards page count. You may use your textbook as a reference along with whatever film, tv show, or book you are using and any other outside sources*