This project aims at:
- Mastering students’ analytical skills;
- Mastering the understanding of the methods aimed at the analysis of financial markets.
The project will contain a financial analysis of a selected company. A company can be selected by the student.
Before you select a company, please check the availability of financial statements. It is easy to find the data for a company which is listed in any stock exchange, as these companies are obliged to publish their financial statements.
If you prefer to analyse a company which is not listed, check the availability of resources before you start working on your project.
The time period of analysis: at least 3 years, optimum: 5 years.
The detailed project content:
1. Introduction, including a short (!!!) description of a company.
2. Horizontal analysis of a company’s financial performance – a 3-5 year perspective
3. Vertical analysis of the financial statement (balance sheet, cash flow and income statement)
4. Profitability ratios of a company (return on sales, return on equity, return on assets)
5. Liquidity ratios of a company (acid test/quick ratio)
6. Debt ratio
7. Conclusions and final remarks.