Borough of Manhattan Community College Department of Mathematics.
XXXXXXXXXXMath 150 Spring semester 2021 Final project. XXXXXXXXXXProf. Cornely
The above table presents the increased of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the United States between February 1, 2021 to March 7, 2021. Use the above information to answer the questions below
1. Using your knowledge in statistics, indicate the conditions under which this data set is meaningful.
2. Construct an expanded frequency distribution, a frequency histogram, and frequency polygon of the data set using seven classes.
3. How do the different measures of center compare? (mean. Median, mode)
4. Calculate all the measures of variation of the data set (range, variance, standard deviation)
5. Calculate the measures of relative standing (quartiles, fractiles, etc) for the data set and construct its corresponding Boxplot.
6. Is this data distribution bell-shaped? Consider all the conditions and support your answer with a graph.
7. Is it unusual to have 4000 hospitalized COVID-19 patient during the period abovementioned?
8. Find the probability that a randomly selected hospital receives between 2500 and 3500 COVID-19 patients
9. Construct a 99% confidence interval for the population mean. Assume that the data set is normally distributed.
10. A doctor claims that the average hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the US during this period is 2050. Is there enough evidence to reject the claim at (Identify the claim and state Ho and Ha, find the critical values, and identify the rejection region, decide whether to reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis, and interpret the decision in the context of the original claim)
11. An epidemiologist claims the percentage of the seven classes of hospitalized COVID-19 patients you have constructed above is respectively 13%, 16%, 22%, 34%, 8%, 5%, and 2%. At perform a chi-square goodness-of-fit test to test whether to reject, or fail to reject the epidemiologist’s claim ( see example s in the chapter 10.1 PowerPoint slides for help)
12. Write a 200-word detailed essay describing your experience taking this statistics class and working on this project (Highlight some of your learning outcomes in this course).
Instructions: report your project on a well type written paper. Include the name on the middle section of your cover page, your institution at the top section, and your class and section at the bottom right of the cover page. In addition, your paper should contain tables, diagrams, Colorful graphs, and page numbers. All works are expected to be shown. Submit your project electronically by the due date
Due date: 05/19/2021