All questions base on CCNA routing and swtiching essentials
1. When a packet is sent over a path which involves multiple hops, when do the source and destination IP addresses change? If each hop is using an Ethernet channel, when do the source and destination MAC addresses change?
2. What does a router do when a packet arrives on an interface?
3. If a router has a choice between two routes to a destination, one which has been provided by the routing protocol OSPF and the other by the routing protocol RIP, which one will the router choose? Why?
4. What is load balancing?
5. How can a router learn about routes?
6. When are directly connected routes added into the routing table?
1. When configuring a static route you can use an exit interface or a next hop address. Why is it preferable to use one rather than the other? When would the other choice be preferable?
2. What is a fully specified static route? When is it used? Why is it important to use it sometimes?
3. What is a default static route? How is it identified in the routing table?
4. What is the purpose of a floating static route? How do you ensure that a static route is treated as a floating static route?
5. Give two reasons why we would use a summary route.
6. How do you know that a route in the routing table has been inserted as a static route?
1. Why would you use a dynamic routing protocol rather than static routes? When would it be preferable to use static routes?
2. What is network convergence? Can you use a network before it achieves convergence?
3. What are advantages and disadvantages of using a classful protocol?
4. Routing protocols use both metrics and administrative distance (AD). If there are a choice of routes to the same destination, which have different metrics and ADs, which route is chosen?
5. What does RIP use as its metric?
6. Why would you use the passive-interface command with RIP?
7. When would you want a default static route be propagated via a routing protocol? Why would you want this to happen?
8. How can a router which is at the boundary of stub network, identify to other RIP routers in its network that it knows about default routes to an ISP?
9. If a protocol has a choice of routes to the same destination, which have different metrics, which route is chosen?
10. A packet is being sent to XXXXXXXXXXThe following entries are in the routing table:
a. Which entry will be chosen to decide where to send the packet next? Why?
b. What difference, if any, would it make if the packet’s destination were XXXXXXXXXX? Why?
c. When would the last entry be chosen?