Answer To: ( Imagine Education Student Assessment Feedback Form ) Student Name: Unit: SITXHRM004 Recruit,...
Karan answered on Aug 29 2021
Assessment Feedback Form
Unit: SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
Satisfactory (S) / Not Yet
Project Part A
Project Part B
Feedback from the Student:
I have been provided with feedback on this assessment from the assessor for this unit
Overall competency has been achieved: YES □ NO □
Assessor’s Name: Paraic Kavanagh Result Date
J:\VET\Hospitality\2018 SIT Hospitality\SIT50416 - Diploma of Hospitality (Mgmt)\SITXHRM004\STUDENT ASSESSMENT GUIDE\SITXHRM004_Student Assessment v2.0.docx
Student Assessment Cover Sheet
Course Code SIT60316 Course Name Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Unit Code SITXHRM004 Unit Name Recruit, select and induct staff
Due Date ________________ Assessment Name A1 – Questions
A2 – Project
A3 – Practical Observation
Student No. ________________ Student Name _____________________________
Student Phone ________________ Student Email _____________________________
I declare that this assessment is my own work and where my work is supported by documents from my workplace placement/employer permission has been granted.
Note: This assessment will not be accepted unless all sections have been completed and the front cover has been signed and dated.
Student Signature ______________________________________________________________
Office Use Only
Date/s Received: ___/___/___ ___/___/___ ___/___/___
Date/s Assessed: ___/___/___ ___/___/___ ___/___/___
Result of Assessment: ___________ ___________ ___________
Entered on Training Plan
Note for Assessors: Filling out the above Office Use Only section as part of an electronic submission will operate in the same way as physically signing this cover sheet. If not physically signed, Assessor must print their name in signature box.
Course Code and Name: SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Unit Code: SITXHRM004
Unit Title: Recruit, select and induct staff
Your task: Answer the following questions. Each question must be completed.
List 5 business events that would require you to recruit new staff:
1. For improving the working management, entity will need the support of extra human resources.
2. On the other side to save the time of the company recruitment would be needed (Castillo-Montoya, 2016).
3. To create separate identification in the economy, the company will need a new idea and talent for operations.
4. The requirement process will help to increases productivity in the firm.
5. Maintain the organization reputation in the market management team will need human resources.
What is the primary factor in determining staffing needs?
By examining the working efficiency of business operation, the management team or leader can find the staff need. The on-time delivery of goods and services is vital for the positive response of the customers so the business working flow denotes about the staff requirements in the entity. So this is the primary requirement of the firm toward the human resource.
Why should you regularly discuss workload considerations with your staff?
The major reason for the discussion of work pressure with the co-worker is to denote the manpower requirements in the firm. Further, through workload consideration staff members can know how they are required to ca
y out their roles and responsibilities in a proper manner.
On the other hand, the discussions also disclose the working environment (Cuddy, et al. 2015). The regular discussion will motivate the manager to adopt new talented candidate for the organization management. It is the sources that describe the primary requirements of business activity.
List 3 pieces of information you may need to supply to management when making a written submission for
approval of a new position.
1. For the approval of the new position, the major reason is the mismanagement of the department that can be included in the written submission.
2. The worker's shortage in the unit can be included in the new position approval process. So the management team can examine the particular project team (De Fruyt, 2019).
3. In the written submission, the issue regarding customer complaint and other form of challenges can be included while submitting approval for new position
List 6 pieces of information a job description should contain.
1. The job description includes duty and the role of the candidate for a particular position.
2. It includes the responsibility and accountability of a particular position.
3. The job description also covers the key skills requirement list of the firm for the appropriate position.
4. It also includes the candidate past experience in the hospitality management field.
5. The job description detail also includes the educational criteria.
6. It should provide the job detail like timing and salary to the candidate before applying in the company.
Why is customer service attitude and experience an important part of the selection criteria for TH&E
The customer services attitude helps in the long term growth of the company. For the high customer satisfaction and positive feedback, the selection criteria consider the candidate behaviour toward the customer issues. The customer services experience is essential for the position selection criteria because it maintains the
and image in the market that is the attraction point for the users (Dipboye, 2017). By considering experience and customer service attitude right individuals can be hired who can serve and meet with the expectations of the target market.
How do well written selection criteria help the selection process?
The well-written return selection criteria support the firm to understand the actual needs for the operations. Further, it also helps to simplify the selection process by rejecting the inappropriate candidate. The selection criteria give the information to job seekers about the working position and the educational field requirement before applying. It also saves time in the selection process. It gives the appropriate results candidate for the position.
When advertising for staff, there are several legal matters that you must be aware of. List at least 5:
1. The firm should follow equality law and give the opportunity to each candidate while advertising the staff need.
2. While advertisement for the recruitment process, the company should focus on the minimum pay scale legislation.
3. Form the law point of view the company should give the proper details and full description of the job in the advertisement.
4. The advertisement should consider the job timing for the safety of the workers according to government law (downey, et al. 2018).
5. The company should not indulge into any sort of discrimination related activity that is against the law
How can an application form help you process applications more quickly?
The application form makes it clear to the management for the easy selection process. The different sections of the application form give the appropriate idea to select the candidate for the interview process. This creates the limitation for the unwanted candidate
Describe the process of ‘shortlisting’ or ‘culling’.
Shortlisting is the method to remove the inappropriate candidate from the application form so that the firm can hire the talented candidate. By the shortlisting, method manager send the worker for the next stage of the recruitment process. On the basis of skills, knowledge and expertise candidates are shortlisted and they are finally given chances to do job.
List 2 pieces of information you should include in a rejection letter:
1. The company should mention the proper reason in the rejection letter for rejecting the candidate. The manager should denote the factor such as communication skills or education level that becomes the reason for rejection.
2. On the other side, the rejection letter should also include the greeting for applying in the organization. The rejection letter also includes the wishes for the candidate future.
List 3 examples of ‘special a
angements’ you may need to make when preparing for interviews:
1. For example the company set up the help desk counter for all the candidates so that every information and communication can pass on easily to the management.
2. For example the firm management team will prepare the effective question list and examine the application form before the interview of the candidate.
3. For instance, the entity will decide the interview panel that will be going to take the interview of the candidate.
How can you comply with privacy laws when storing applications?
Firstly, individual within the firm can be appointed who can ensure that privacy is practiced properly at the time of storing application. The organization will protect the personal information forms of the applicant by appointing the responsible employee on the field. The firm will also destroy the personal informational data from the system after the recruitment process so no one can misuse the candidate detail. On the other side, the company will also develop software that can be accessed by the only HR manager.
During interview, how does keeping a written record of the candidate’s suitability according to the selection
criteria assist you in complying with EEO legislation?
The interview panel of the company can write a positive and effective point of each candidate that can be suitable for the operational activity. By writing down the skill, experience and knowledge of every candidate it is possible to comply with EEO legislation
On the other side, the firm can also focus on the EEO legislation and appoint the candidate without any partiality (Ekwoaba, Ikeije, and Ufoma, 2015). The selection process can be based on skills and talent. The firm can provide an equal chance to the male and female candidates.
List 3 checks you may do as part of the selection process.
1. Application- The company will make the selection process and interview section on the basis of application. The candidate who fills the application form will able to give the interview only.
2. Education criteria- The firm set the education level as the essential need for the position. So below that level, the company will not appoint any person.
3. History of the candidate – The main part of the section process end with examines the past records of the candidate for the security perspective
List 3 testing methods you may use to determine if the applicant has the right attitude and aptitude for the
1. Company will conduct the common aptitude test between all the applicants. To check the reliability and qualification of the level.
2. The entity will also apply the interview method to judge the communication skills of the candidate that it is suitable or not for the firm.
3. The company will also check the physical ability of the candidate suitable or not.
List 3 departments you may need to contact to help get everything set up for the new position.
1. The company will contact the human resource management (HRM ) department because of the key role played by the HR manager.
2. The organization will also take monetary support from the financial department so that the recruitment process will become successful (Feiler, and Powell, 2016).
3. On the other side entity will take the support of the marketing department for the advertisement of the recruitments.
What is the purpose of a ‘letter of appointment’? What is it often accompanied with?
The appointment letter purpose is to inform the candidates that they are selected for the organization position with a friendly invitation. It is a written invitation to join the particular department and disclose the skill and talent. The job letter purpose is to hire the appropriate candidate for the position. The job letter includes the date of joining, time of working, place and other essential details of the organization.
What should be created for a new employee to record the employment process? List 4 things it should
1. Short-listing- The methods of shortlisitng must be included.
2. Recruitment sources- Employment process also include the recruitment sources it may be external or internal.
3. Selection criteria- It also contains the selection criteria for the appropriate results.
4. Interview panel – For the new employee record, it includes the list of interview panel during the employment process.
List the essential key aspects your induction program should cover.
The induction program will consider the strength and other several features of the organization to introduce the newcomer with the operations. The firm will describe past achievements and upcoming future plans. It is mainly conducted by the firm for the satisfaction of the candidate question and issues. The company considers the employee growth rate within the organization in the induction program.
Businesses are required to record proof that workplace health and safety information was communicated
clearly. What are some ways to achieve this?
The company will apply the method of feedback from when a worker left the job or retire from the position to get proof of a healthy workplace. On the other side entity will give the project or assignment to those candidates, who made the internship with the firm. By applying this two methods entity will get the proof of safety and health communication system.
How does designating a colleague to assist a new employee during the induction process help them?
The induction process will give the advantage to new employee for the self-assessment on the particular position (Fisher, and Schreiber, 2017). It will also help the new candidate to understand the work culture of the firm. The induction program will provide comfort to the new employees and also support to understand the work method. The induction program is the part of the recruitment process that shortlists the candidate with terms and condition.
Face-to-face interviews are one type of interview. Name 2 others.
1. Telephonic interview – This will help to check the communication skills of the candidate.
2. Group interview- To evaluate the performance in a group of a candidate group interview is appropriate.
Under what circumstances would it be necessary to re advertise the position and start the process again?
When a company didn’t get the appropriate outcomes from the internal recruitment process and can’t get the new innovative ideas for the operation. In that condition, the company will re-advertise the recruitment position process and apply external factors. On the other side, when organization need the more dedicated workers for the operation who can fulfill the desired goals.
What do some employers (who require a close team environment) do to ensure the candidate will fit into
The employer will appoint the candidate from reliable sources and mainly dependent on the internal recruitment process (Holstein, and Gu
ium, 2016). The employer must focus on their talent, skills and expertise to make sure that candidate will fit into the team. By applying the promotional method, the company can get a suitable candidate for a particular position. The employer can also select the candidate from any known sources such as appointing through any other employee. On the other side, the company can also choose the person who has the experience of at least five years in a particular field.
How could you adjust your interview technique to accommodate a candidate who speaks little English or
has speech difficulties?
A translator will be hired by the company so that the interview round can be conducted based on the local language of the candidate. Apart from this, speaking local language is also prefe
ed in the case to accommodate the candidate who speaks little English.
What are your obligation under Anti-discrimination law in treatment of a candidate with special needs?
Providing special assistance such as nea
y parking space in case of physically disabled etc.
Equal opportunities should be provided
Fair remuneration to each employee as per the capabilities.
For your industry sector and/or department, list 3 effective ways of advertising positions.
1. The online advertisements process is suitable for hospitality management recruitment and selection process. In that method, the manager covers the maximum candidates.
2. The company will also choose e-mail advertisements to fulfil the position need. In the mail, advertisement firm can effectively share the detail of the organization and other information of the position (Hommel, et al. 2017).
3. Using social media advertising by the company will be the most appropriate method for recruitment and selection in the hospitality industry. Most of the young generation applies through social media ads.
What is the advantage of using a recruitment agency instead of managing the recruitment process yourself?
The company will get the trained employees for the business operation that will also save time from the training program. The company gets the worker from reliable sources that will get the appropriate outcomes. Through the agency, selection company can save time for the business activity. The recruitment agency sends the workers where they are shortlisted as per the company needs. So it will provide benefits to the management.
Describe the conditions of the award the staff in your department area paid under for the following
terms of engagement:
The salary and the award will be given on the monthly basis to the full-time workers in the firm. In this situation, the pay scale is fixed on a regular basis.
The payment will be given on the basis of half-day. The salary will be different from full-time employees. The award should be given on the basis of the working ability of the employee.
On the fulfillment of the monthly targets awards are paid...