This assignment will help students to:
2.1 Engage in informed observation and/or active participation in theatre
2.2 Critically reflect on and share their own experience of observing and engaging in theatre
Read your assigned play closely, Annotate your script or take notes based on the assignment prompts. You will submit your responses as a combination of written and visual images. Number each section with the corresponding prompt number. Each section should be at least a paragraph long if written. The visual response may be uploaded as a photo of a hard copy or a digital image.
What to Include
Complete each of the following prompts. Include your chosen part of the play, then include description and explanation to support your choice.
1. Favorite Line:Choose your favorite line in the play and briefly say why you like it. What
does this line contribute to the major themes that are explored?
2. Favorite Stage Moment:Decide on your favorite stage moment in the play and, making
sure that you give the evidence—explicit or embedded—for that staging, describe why it is
3. Favorite Character:Describe your favorite character from the play. Discuss the character’s
appearance, movement, objectives, and motivations.
4. World of the Play analysis:Discuss the world, its time/space structure, social interactions,
relationship to audience, etc.
5. Visual Response:Your visual response may be sketched, painted, or collaged and should
represent an image from the visual world of the play. Your response might be a costume or
stage design or response to the tone/mood of the play. It might also be a collage of
researched images from the time period or relevant images for the play.
6. Three discussion questionsfor the class.
The play isA Midsummer Night's Dream.
https://video-alexanderstreet-com.proxy.lib.ohio-state.edu/watch/a-midsummer-night-s-dream-3 Links to an external site.
For each part, wrtie about 100 words, and clear which it comes from