This task requires you to design, prepare and present a training programme of your choice to your respective chosen target audience. This target audience can be from the university or outside the university. This assignment involves you to put everything you learn in this module into practice. From programme design, preparing training, presenting training, assessing participants to evaluating your training programme. Approach this task well in time. It also requires you to budget and pull resources together. It further entails building up some portfolios as evidence or materials that will further make your training programme a success.
1. Identify the target audience.
2. Do a quick training need analysis and identify the training need.
3. Design the training programme to address such a need. This requires you to have a
programme plan ready before training starts.
4. Prepare for such training. Read in your book everything that has to be prepared before
training starts. Arrange for such training. Inform candidates (as well as the assessor, me)
5. Conduct your training. Incorporate all that has to be done during this stage, such as
learner assessment, programme evaluation etc.
6. You have a choice, either to present the training yourself or to contract an outside
facilitator. In any case, the design and preparation of the training lies with you, as a team.
7. Write a training report after the programme has been delivered.
8. Training topics must be communicated to the lecturer on or before 31 August 2023.
9. Full time and part time students – your training session must be face to face, while
distance students can conduct theirs virtual.
10. Write a training report after the programme has been delivered