Answer To: Assessment ContentWord Limit: 1600 words (+/- 10%)Assignment Format: Word doc or PDFReferencing:...
Dipali answered on Sep 26 2023
WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT 10
Table of contents
Outline of the Greater Dandenong Health and Wellbeing Plan 3
Social Perspective: Intersectionality 4
Benefits of Intersectionality: 4
Social Perspective: Disability Inclusion 4
Benefits of Disability Inclusion: 5
Priority Health Area: Mental Health 5
Link to Social Policy and UN SDGs 6
Intersecting Factors: Socioeconomic Status and Ethnicity 7
Socioeconomic Status (SES) 7
By addressing numerous socioeconomic determinants of health, public health and wellbeing plans play a key role in boosting the health and wellbeing of communities. The Greater Dandenong Health and Wellbeing Plan by the Greater Dandenong Council will be the focus of our evaluation as we examine its essential elements, societal views, priority health areas, and the effects of interacting factors on the health of the neighborhood. In order to promote public health and welfare, it is crucial to take into account a variety of viewpoints and to address the particular difficulties the Greater Dandenong community faces.
Outline of the Greater Dandenong Health and Wellbeing Plan
The Greater Dandenong Council created a comprehensive plan called the Greater Dandenong Health and Wellbeing Plan. It focuses on boosting the community of Greater Dandenong, which comprises numerous areas in southeast Melbourne, Victoria, and their general quality of life. The strategy includes:
· Geographical Area: Greater Dandenong is a vibrant and culturally diverse area.
· Demographics and Characteristics: A multiracial populace with various socioeconomic conditions and healthcare requirements.
· Priority Health Areas: These focus on important factors that affect community health and wellness, including mental health, physical exercise, nutrition, social inclusion, and access to healthcare services (O'Hara et al., 2023).
The strategy, which emphasises inclusion, equity, and the particular difficulties facing the Greater Dandenong region, acts as a road map for boosting public health.
Social Perspective: Intersectionality
Incorporating an intersectional viewpoint, the Greater Dandenong Health and Wellbeing Plan acknowledges that people encounter a variety of intersecting influences that affect their health and wellbeing. This viewpoint recognizes the interaction between gender, ethnicity, and socioeconomic class, which presents particular possibilities and difficulties for people and communities. Intersectionality is taken into account in the strategy in order to better comprehend the complex health inequalities existent in the Greater Dandenong community and to customize interventions.
Benefits of Intersectionality:
· Holistic Understanding: By taking into account the relationships between numerous elements, intersectionality enables a more thorough knowledge of the community's health requirements.
· Targeted Interventions: It allows for the creation of focused initiatives that cater to the unique requirements of subpopulations within Greater Dandenong, such as marginalized communities or culturally diverse groups (Hartigan et al., 2021).
· Equity and Social Justice: By identifying and correcting gaps that result from the interaction of several causes, intersectionality promotes equality and social justice.
Social Perspective: Disability Inclusion
A viewpoint on include people with disabilities is one social perspective that might be contributed to the plan. Although the plan emphasizes the value of social inclusion, it could need greater specific attention to the needs and rights of people with disabilities. This viewpoint promotes equitable access for individuals with disabilities in Greater Dandenong to health services, leisure activities, and community involvement, which is in line with the plan's objectives (Davies et al., 2022).
Benefits of Disability Inclusion:
· Accessible Services: All citizens, regardless...