Answer To: Assessment Information Welcome to your Student Assessment Workbook for BSBWOR501 Manage Personal...
Saloni answered on Aug 19 2021
Your assessor will go through the assessment for this unit, BSBWOR501 Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development. It is important that you understand this assessment before taking on the questions and tasks. To confirm that you have been given this overview, we ask you to complete the following Pre-Assessment Checklist.
You are required to carefully read each checklist item provided below and tick either ‘Y’ to confirm your understanding or ‘N’ if you disagree. In case you disagree with an item, please provide your reason under the ‘Comments’ column.
When you have done this, we ask you to sign this Pre-Assessment Checklist. This acknowledges that your Trainer/Assessor has discussed all of the information with you prior to undertaking this assessment.
Pre – assessment Checklist
I, the student, understand the purpose of the assessment.
I understand when and where the assessment will occur, who will assess and in what format the assessment will be submitted.
I understand the methods of assessment.
I understand what resources are required to complete this assessment.
I understand the performance level required for each assessment event.
I understand that it must be my own work. I have been explained and understand the serious consequences in case this work is found plagiarised.
I understand the process if I am deemed not yet competent.
I understand the feedback process and the appeals process.
The assessor has discussed with me if I have any special needs and if so what arrangements have been made.
Student Full Name
Assessment Task 1
Three strategies to maintain healthy work life balance -
· Focus on my strengths and be realistic with it. Outsource things you are not good at and be twice productive with the strengths.
· Maintain a balanced work time and personal time .
· Remain Focused and punctual about the work given
Five type of work strategies that will improve individual performance -
· Avoid distractions and be dedicated.
· Review personal benchmark on regular intervals.
· Set goals and objectives and maintain to complete deadlines
· Improve communication skills by self practising or taking a course for it.
· Finish what is started. Never leave any work in between, and jump to a next/another one. Finish the assigned task before taking up a new.
Explain the principle
Explain the technique
1. Personal goal setting
It is a process of thinking about the future and setting certain goals and objectives to achieve the vision of the future .It should be well defined, achievable and have a sense of challenge, show commitment and should be reviews on regular intervals.
The SMART METHOD-
The goal should be SMARTER -
· Specific-exactly what one wants to achieve.
· Measurable- a benchmark that marks the success.
· Relevant- connect the goal to the vision
· Time bound- a deadline
· Evaluate- a check on the progress
· Readjust- flexible to change goals, if required.
The HARD METHOD- it should be heartfelt (emotional attachment), animated ( expectations), required( a sense of urgency to achieve) and difficult .
· Have a clear purpose- vision, goals, objectives, customer and employee expectation.
· Think in systematic way
· Work with the right behaviour
· Right decision making
· Build with honesty
· 360 degree feedback in employee training development
· Performance appraisals- it is powerful for aligning the goals of the individual with the strategic aim of the organization.
· Remaining flexible
· Avoid distraction
· Do one thing at a time
· Delegate responsibilities
· Keep a healthy and stress free environment.
· Plan a day in advance how the time has to be spend and priority work should be done before.
· Use of planning tools like pocket diaries, calender, electronic planner and review planning tool on a daily basis. Keep a backup system.
Personal development plan
· Acknowledge all emotions that comes form within.
· Understand priorities
· Challenge to be honest
· Seek out respect
· Accept the fact that there is life after failure.
Personal development plan
Set goals and prioritize the list of goals recognize threat and opportunities, develop skills to increase knowledge.
David Kolb’s model of experimental learning stated that we keep on learning on a continuous basis and in the process of this, we build certain strengths. He described four learning styles accommodating, converging, diverging and assimilating.
The model define different type of people learning- first, accommodating -the one who is keen on learning, converging- they understood theories ans wanted to test in practise ; diverger apply personal experience and practical ideas ; assimilator develop new theories of their own new theories. This shows different behaviour pattern how a person respond to a certain situation.
Management development opportunities-
On the job programme- Technical training in the given to the employee to be capable of taking responsibility of a position held by the superior. Job rotations, promotions and transfers are the scenario for these training
Off the job programme- this refers to the specialized courses based on management and executive education offered by universities. External management development programme also includes management seminars, conferences and workshops conducted by management associations or educational institutions.
Continuing education- Few organizations sponsor the higher education for the employee. So that they grow and are able to serve the company in a better way.
Concept of personality trait identification
Personality trait identification reflect people characteristics of of behaviour, thoughts and feelings . Personality trait imply that consistency and the stability. It define the basic dimension on which people differ. One of the important feature of personality trait is that it reflect continuous distribution rather than a specific personality trait. The big five personality are openness, agreeableness, extroversion, conscientiousness and neuroticism.
· Interview to gather information. Like in an interview during job selection is taken to assess the personality traits of the individuals.
· Rating scale used by the observer
· Self reports
· Personality inventories
· Projective technique
· Behavioural observations of the individual -how they react to a certain situation.
Concept of self awareness
The ability to see yourself clearly and objectively It refers to better understanding of ourselves and able to see ourselves as unique and separate individuals. Our ability to know our emotions ,reactions, strengths, weaknesses, triggers, motivators and other other characteristics. Greater self awareness motivates us towards better employee and better leadership capabilities. Three types of self awareness are indexical, detached and social self awareness.
· Perform daily self reflection.
· Perform meditation and other mind calming activities.
· Take a psychometric test to be aware about...