Answer To: ©Aspire2 International – DBN601 Assessment 1– v XXXXXXXXXXPage 1 of 8 New Zealand Diploma in...
Akansha answered on Apr 16 2021
Appropriate Behaviour 1
Table of Contents
Section 1 Ethical, Social and Culturally Appropriate Behavior 2
1A) Ethical Behaviour: 2
1C) Socially Appropriate Behaviour: 3
1E) Culturally Appropriate Behaviour 4
Section 2: Professional Behaviour 5
Section 3: Applying Self-Motivation in Business 6
Section 4 Business Sustainability 7
Section 1 Ethical, Social and Culturally Appropriate Behavior
1A) Ethical Behaviour:
Quoting the unethical behaviour of 7 Eleven, is a convenient store in New Zealand “The question is that whether the culture is influencing the ethical perceptions in the workplace scenarios, by using the students enrolled in New Zealand Business College as respondents”. It was found that the business was using the students who were the enrolled students in the New Zealand Business College, to work in the store as sales representative, on low wages and the students were not even allowed to report the case as they fear of getting unrolled from their college. According to the 7 Eleven Store, these students are migrants and it is not unethical on the part of the company to make them work, which is totally unethical. According to mu perception, this is not ethical, as students have enrolled themselves to study in the University, not for working, but still if they are working then they are legitimate to get proper wages as per the work done (Bossuyt, 2016).
If I was employed in the management role of 7 Eleven than for making the store 7 Eleven work under good ethical practice; I would take the following steps as they are the ethical practices as these practices keeps the employees satisfied and demonstrate the moral principles of the business, which should be followed by every business:
1) Maintain Labour Rights: for maintaining the labour rights I being a management member, would follow the norms set by the government of New Zealand, every worker will get education leaves, freedom of collective bargaining, minimum supply of eatables during the working time.
2) Maintaining Working Conditions: This is very important as it’s the right of the worker to get a good working environment. For the students and the other workers as being the part of the management, I will provide a safe and hygienic working to all and will also take care of the employees from the hazardous possibilities in the workplace.
3) Minimum Wages: I will surely look into the matter that all the workers would get at least the minimum adult wage that is $17.70 AN for an hour. This would be the wages for all the workers, if I would be in the management system (Chang, 2017).
1C) Socially Appropriate Behaviour:
Quoting the unsociably appropriate behaviour from Air New Zealand Company “The cases of flight attended being sexually harassed is being noted around since last many years, the question is that why these bullying and harassment occurs when there are strict laws for forbidding it”. Some of the flight attendants, working Air New Zealand have reported that they have been sexually harassed and bullied while the stay of the plane at various stops during the flights. This is a bad example of socially appropriate behaviour because such behaviour is not acceptable in the society and it’s expected by the managers to behave properly with the attendants. The women have their dignity and no one is supposed to cross the limit line (Lai, 2019).
If I would be employed in the organization in the management, then I will model the socially appropriate behaviour by:
1) Employee Contract Act (1991): I will made it compulsory to follow the Employee Contract Act no. 22, so that any such incident do not occur, and if it does it should be reported under the act, as this act suggest to take harsh action against the culprit.
2) Anti-Discrimination Law: Being in the management I will follow the anti-discrimination law in my office that suggests that no employee could be discriminated on the basis of gender. By implementing the law in the office, I might avoid this unsociably accepted behaviour in my organization.
3) Effective Listening: Being a manager in the organization, I will give all my ears to the cases that report any socially inappropriate behaviour and strict action would be taken against anyone who is find culprit (Forsyth, 2019).
1E) Culturally Appropriate Behaviour
Quoting the cultural inappropriate behaviour from the research “People eating habits depends upon the cultural background they belong to, a guest complaint that the Burger Fuel promise to serve ‘HALAL MEAT’ but they did not serve the same”. This is a totally bad example of culturally inappropriate behaviour...