EACH ENHANCEMENT SHOULD BE OVER 300 Words (3 PARAGRAPHS Preferred - Intro, Body, Conclusion).
EVERY ASSIGNMENT MUST BE IN YOUR OWN WORDS. YOU MAY NOT SIMPLY “CUT AND PASTE” FOR YOUR ENHANCEMENTS. IF YOU DO SO THEN YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR CREDIT. PLEASE CITE ALL YOUR SOURCES. YOU MUST HAVE 3 SOURCES FOR EACH ENHANCMENT.
Options for Enhancements include:
1. Write a one-page report on any government current topic analyzing the pros and cons by utilizing current issues from any magazines, newspaper, or Internet source – of your choice – source may come from either print or online. You MUST cite your sources for me in your report in order to get credit.
2. Write about city government entity or building and write a one-page report about it (who, what, when, where, why, your opinion, observations).
3. It is important that you understand the electoral college and its function. Write a one-page report explaining what the electoral college is, your understanding of why it is considered controversial, and your opinion of the electoral college.
4. Think about what qualities you think are most important in the president. Please tell me at least three and explain why you think these are essential qualities for our president to possess.
5. Think about what qualities you think are the most important in a President. Please tell me at least three and explain why you think these are essential qualities for our President to possess.
6. Pick a topic that is of interest to you and tell me the status of it in the United States and compare and contrast it with another country’s form of government. For example: the status of women’s rights in the United States versus women’s rights in China and what sort of government is in place in China; the United States military and another country’s military (i.e. you might pick one that requires you to enter the military and tell me about that and the country’s form of government); or any topic that interests you and allows you to compare and contrast it with the United States.
7. If you have read a book of interest that applies to government, you may write at least a one-page overview of that book and what it taught you / why it is significant in government.
8. Write me a one-page report on a member of the United States House of Representatives from your district.
9. Write me a one-page report on your United States Senator.
10. Write me a one-page report on a member of the Texas House of Representatives from your district.
11. Write me a one-page report on your Texas Governor or Senator.
12. Write me a one-page report on any local, state, national, or international leader or politician and that person’s views and key points of knowledge about that person.
13. Write me a one-page report about another country with a different form of government and an overview of that style of government. You must include your opinion on this type of government structure.
14. Write me a one-page report on a United States Supreme Court case or Texas court case.