Students will create a PowerPoint presentation consisting of 8 -10 slides (not including the cover slide and reference slide) that looks at the issues of the development of psychology in the field of law enforcement and the legal issues caused by incorporating psychologists into law enforcement. In addition to the textbook, students will need to find and incorporate at least two credible research sources into this Assignment.
The Assignment should address the following topics:
1. Explain the historical development of psychology as it is applied to law enforcement and how the role of psychology has evolved. Be sure to focus on how its role has changed over the years and how it has affected law enforcement.
2. Investigate the legal issues regarding police psychology. Include the background and purpose of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the role of forensic psychological testing in law enforcement and the issues that these two areas may raise for police psychologists.
· Your 8-10 slide requirement is excluding your title, introduction, and reference slides.
· Use one basic slide design and layout.
· Limit slides to between 6 and 8 lines of content.
· You may use pictures, charts and graphs to supplement your material as long as they do not take up the entire slide
· Use bullets for your main points.
· Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.