. Within this project you must demonstrate at least five different aspects of a statistical study. The project should be not less than five pages in length. You will find the project easier to complete if you choose numerical data (Interval or Ratio scale). You are free and encouraged to design your own project. However, a couple of project ideas are found below. In any event, the instructor must approve the topic of your research before you begin, and your research idea will be graded as part of your final grade in this course.
1. Choose a project of interest to you (ideas for projects are found below), or pose a question that you can answer with data (Your project must be approved by the Instructor).
2. Explain how you will select the data or design the experiment to gather the data. Give a rationale for your choices.
3. List the data values you obtain and choose an appropriate graphical display for the data. The descriptive methods are to relate to the hypothesis that you are testing.
4. Use a hypothesis testing procedure to analyze the data. Give supporting reasons for the choice of the procedure used. Summarize your conclusion in terms of the question that you posed. Include the p-value or critical value of the test, and interpret it.
5. The final section should summarize what you have done in the form of a letter to a friend, using language that she or he will understand.
Already registered? Login
Not Account? Sign up
Enter your email address to reset your password
Back to Login? Click here