QUESTION #1 Research in CJ (100 WORDS)
What is the importance of research within the confines of criminal justice? Give an example of a researched topic that has helped make advances in how some crimes are handled, i.e., Domestic Violence.
QUESTION #2 Reflection (100 WORDS)
Take this opportunity to exchange any additional information and ideas relevant to this week's Scenario Assignment. How will you use the scientific method of research to develop your hypothesis on the topic you will write about in your paper?
QUESTION #3 Short Paper: Hypothesis and Conclusion (3 PAGES)
The paper should be 3 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages. In the paper address the following:
· Identify and describe five scientific methods of research inquiry and how you would apply them to a research Project.
· Be sure to provide examples.
· Develop a hypothesis focused on the professional practices of criminal justice practitioners.
· An example of a hypothesis would be: You could propose a hypothesis that focuses on whether law enforcement is better equipped to handle te
orism post 9/11 or whether airline safety has improved since the attacks of 9/11, etc.
· Then select two methods of inquiries and how you would apply them to your hypothesis to reach a conclusion.
QUESTION #4 Journal (250 WORDS)
Last week, you discussed how you think social media has affected the field of criminal justice in both a positive and negative way. This week, consider how social media has affected your life. How do you think it could impact you achieving your career goals?
QUESTION #5 Topic 1: Intermediate Sanctions (100 WORDS)
What are the differences between halfway houses, work release programs, and co
ectional boot camps? Are these programs effective? Why or why not?
QUESTION #6 Topic 2: Residential Community Programs (100 WORDS)
Explain some examples of residential community co
ections facilities. Do these facilities work? Support your decision.
QUESTION #7 Unit 4 Assignment: Sanctions Essay (3 PAGES)
Write a 3 page paper using the concepts from your learning in the class to answer the following essay questions on probation and parole.
In your paper:
1. State the differences and similarities between probation and parole.
2. Discuss the factors that might lead to probation and parole sentences.
3. Describe the conditions commonly imposed on probationers and parolees. Identify sanctions commonly imposed on probationers and contrast them to sanctions imposed on parolees.
4. Explain the reasons for revoking probation or parole. Compare and contrast the differences, and explain the significance of the decision to revoke parole to both the offender and the community.
5. How do sanctions imposed on probationers and parolees reflect the human expression in our society and culture? Why are sanctions needed for the betterment of human advancement?
Be sure to present evidence that supports your responses.
QUESTION #8 Journal (250 WORDS)
Write a 300-word journal summarizing one of the articles in this week’s Web Resources or an article of your own choice.
Format your work in APA, citing your resources.